CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Laundry soap


I've decided to try to make my own laundry soap! It was actually really easy and quick after I finally located all the ingredients. Strange thing was, I had all but one. After spending the weekend looking for Washing Soda, I called Arm & Hammer this morning to find out where it is sold, and it was at Harp's here in Alma-go figure. Anyway, here is the recipe I used and a beautiful pic of it. I will post how well it works in a few days.

1/3 bar Fels Naptha soap, grated

1/2 cup Arm&Hammer Washing Soda

1/2 cup 20Mule Team Borax

large bucket to mix it in.


Mix Fels Naptha in a saucepan w/ 6 cups of water and heat on low until dissolved. Stir in Soda and Borax. Stir until thickened and remove from heat. Add 4 cups Hot Water to bucket then add soap mixture and mix well. Fill bucket with addtitional 1 gallon and 6 cups of water and mix. Set aside for 24 hours or until mixture thickens. Use 1/2 cup per load.


You can find this recipe and others at www.soapsgonebuy.com

3 comments:

Zoey said...

Please post how it works! I'm anxious to hear!

Steph

Zoey said...

For some reason all my comments post under Zoey's name. Go figure, so it is me commenting not Zoe!!

The Sweet Life said...

I can't wait to hear how this turns out!