CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

More laundry stuff

I'm going to make my second batch of laundry soap. I think the first batch went well. I may try it dry this time. I'm also going to use a bit more of the Fels Naptha this time. I found some fabric softener tips here. I may try a couple of those too.
I did try using the recipe of 1/2 1/2 washing soda, borax for the dishwasher. It really needs vinegar in the little rinse hole? thingy. Not sure I'm going to stick with that yet. That is about the most exciting thing going on the holiday weekend. Did get to eat and visit with some aunts and cousins Sunday nite. Really enjoyed it. I haven't seen them in quite awhile(and yes, they live right here).
I think I will spend most of the rest of the day relaxing and reading. It is going to be a hectic week-field trip,working and shopping consignment sale, lessons and practices-oh my! Oh yeah, we have to do school too!

2 comments:

kel said...

I made the dry and I really like it. I did it because it looked easier than the liquid. I ended up on the dishwasher using a frugal saving tip. I bought a large box of generic dishwashing soap, then added to it a box of washing soda, and borax mixing all well. The borax and washing soda were cheaper and all three added together made a great dishwashing soap.

 Cha said...

On the liquid soap...how do you keep the lumps out? Or do you just live with them? :)